Monday, March 28, 2011

I can't believe things all changed just a few short hours after I made myself a promise to keep better track of Mom on this blog. I really meant for the "cute" stuff she does and says----NEVER did I suspect the following:

Got a call from Sumerset this morning at 5:30. Mom was on her way to the hospital. She had gotten out of bed by herself and fallen. They thought she had a broken hip and maybe a broken shoulder.
Mom was already at the hospital when I got there. They took x-rays and said there were no breaks. They said her right shoulder was damaged but weren't sure if it was from the fall or arthritis. They put her in a sling and took her back to Sumerset. That's when I saw her being moved for the first time. We got there at 10 and by 11 I told them to get the ambulance back there.
This time they found she had fractured her pelvis. She's in a lot of pain, but they are working on controlling that. A PT person will come and talk with us tomorrow.
Poor Mom, for the first time, she said, :This isn't fair!" and she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: