Monday, March 28, 2011

Wish I Had Kept Up

I wish I had kept up this blog as there have been many things with Mom I'll wish to remember in the future. I've written about them in emails, but should have posted them here as well. I will try hard to do better in the future.

Just a quick summary: Mom is now in a home in Bingham. They love her there. We have put on a regular collar so the nurses will be able to keep putting in back on correctly each time Mom takes it off AND it's simpler so that Mom doesn't have to break it in order to get it off.

My last visit, we had in the cafeteria with two other ladies (not at Mom's usual table). The other two ladies were having a conversation. I say "a" because they were really two unrelated topics. When I looked over at Mom she had this look on her face that said, "What the F". It was funny and cute that she noticed the conversations were not the same and didn't make sense.

I really think Mom is doing better there than she did here, mentally. I think it's all the other people around and the daily activities. It's starting to help me feel less guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: